1914 Philip & Haas Clock
This clock was made by an English manufacturer called Phillip and Haas. We think it was created in about 1914. It was originally the face of a grandfather clock (or long case clock). This clock was created by taking a photograph of the original face. The original has a porcelain face and the photographed version retains some of the charm. It has a very delicate crackle on it with a parchment (tans and yellows). This comes in seven different sizes. It would be a shame to lose this beautiful clock to history so we are making sure it lives on in these clocks.
- Our clocks usually take 2-6 business days to make. The largest ones take a few days longer.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY. We will replace your mechanism (not the entire clock) for as long as you own it. Mechanisms are tested before mailing, however, if it is damaged in shipping we will mail you a replacement. Some assembly is required to replace the mechanism. Our contact info is on clock back.
- SILENT QUARTZ MECHANISMS! Our clocks are very quiet. No annoying ticking!! Our clocks sit flat against the wall and do not wobble. The mechanisms are as recessed as possible, which makes for a nicely finished product.
- HANDMADE IN AMERICA BEAUTIFUL **PRINTED** FACE ON SOLID PIECE of 1/2″ MDF WOOD PRODUCT. The face is NOT a sticker. It is printed directly on the wood. Our clocks feel solid because of the thicker mdf wood. Our edges are nicely rounded. It takes us just a few days to make your clock. We are usually much faster than is listed.
- HANDS VARY DEPENDING ON CLOCK SIZE & AVAILABILITY. We try to offer the hands shown, but the larger and smaller hand styles vary slightly.
- OPEN FACED—NO GLASS NO GLARE! Easy to read from all angles.
We have this wall clock in many different sizes 10″, 12″, 15″, 18″, 24″, 30″, 36″, 48″ and 60″! Frames can be added too. Most of our frames are offered in chestnut brown and espresso black. Please see the videos to see how our clocks are made and the material they are made out of. We offer a Life Time Warranty on your clock mechanism. Our clocks are twice as “beefy” as our competitors. Instead of being only 1/8 or ¼ in thick, they are ½” thick which gives them a more quality feel.
- Additional information
It has been fun to try to find unique antique clocks to photograph and reproduce on my clock backs. I find some of the best clocks were once grandfather clocks. The old ones were often hand painted. I loved the original face of this one because of its simplicity, delicate porcelain crackle and soft color.
CUSTOMIZATION: We have the largest selection of custom wall clocks in the world. This wall clock, like most of our clocks can be customized. Not only can you add a name, date, logo, favorite saying.
VARIETY OF SIZES: One of the most unique things about our company is that we have wall clocks to fit any space. If you need a small 10” clock, we have it. If you need a 5 foot clock, we have that too (and lots of sizes in between. Here is a list of our open faced clock sizes: 10”, 12”, 15”, 18”, 24”, 30”, 36”, 48”, and 60”)!
CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE: We have nine wall clock sizes to choose from…in order to choose the right size, PLEASE make a newspaper cut out of the size you think you need. Cut it into a circle or square (depending on which you want to order) and tape the paper to your wall where you want to place it. This will give you a visual of how it will look.
COST: We realize our clocks cost more than the ones you can get at the big box stores. The main reason is that these clocks are not mass produced. We make our time pieces one at a time specifically for you and your space. Let’s say you need a 36” spice orange clock. Something so specific may be the perfect piece to set off your dining room, but it is not something the general population needs. So, you can’t find it anywhere else besides our website. Making “one-offs” is not very cost effective for us, but we do it because we want to offer a huge selection, and making them “on demand” is the best way to accomplish that.
CLOCK FACES: Our faces are mostly printed. Some are photographs of antique clocks we LOVED. They look amazing, but they are PRINTED. I have an artist that will paint a clock by hand, but it will take 3 months and cost $1500 for a 30”.
CLOCK BACKS: Our clock backs are made of MDF (medium density fiberboard). MDF is a smooth engineered wood that does not warp and provides a great backdrop for our clocks. Many manufacturers choose to use a thinner material—1/8 inch or ¼ inch MDF wood. Instead, we have chosen to spend the extra money to use a thicker ½ inch material. It just FEELS like quality—not light flimsy wood. It is hefty and hearty.
MECHANISMS: Our mechanisms are quarts, high torque and most are quiet, sweep mechanisms (meaning they don’t have a ticking sound). It is important to us that you have a clock that will last a lifetime. Because of this, we offer a lifetime warranty of your mechanism. If it breaks within 1 year, we will send you a new mechanism at no cost. After one year, you will pay shipping and handling.
CLOCK HANDS: Our clock hands are light weight. They are NOT heavy duty metal. It is NOT because we are trying to be chintzy. Clock hands, especially on the large wall clocks, MUST be light weight or the mechanism could not run them. The battery would die every few months. The next stronger mechanism choice is what is called a tower clock. Tower clocks have HUGE mechanisms that are 12” x 12” x 6”. Not only are the huge, they cost thousands of dollars. Please understand that your light hands are light for a reason.
10″, 12″, 15″, 18″, 24″, 30″, 36″, 48″, 60″